Saturday, April 3, 2010

I Found my Niche!

A busy week of art making, work, acupuncture, and a little bit of rest has led me to the conclusion that I LOVE digital embroidery. After spending 38 hours on any art project, I am ready to finish that baby up, hang it on the wall, and call it a day. I have been working on a quilt/applique of the Periodic Table of Elements, and I can not wait to hop back on that embroidery machine again tomorrow. I went to City Quilters with a fantastic array of patterns with beautiful detail and colors. Each pattern I chose with the idea of a specific elemental group in mind (this idea will become more clear when you see the final project).

I have also made a few more matryoshka dolls (some are still in the works, as you can see by the jump stitches :) ) to hopefully sell on Kickstarter.com, Etsy, or something similar to raise some money for this giant quilt and other college bills, so keep an eye out.

This spring has also been filled with beautiful weather and fantastic friends to enjoy it with! Walking to museums and galleries while weaving through the glass and metal maze of buildings will always lead the traveler to new and exciting place. Churches are sandwiched between skyscrapers and the windows reflect the city traffic down below.

Central Park also become quite a sight during the spring season. Adri and I strolled through the lower end of the Park, trying to make sure we didn't get lost in the Rambles (a small forested area with numerous twisting paths). We finally found Belvedere Castle and went up the winding stairs to view across the whole of the Park. The Great Lawn was closed, so people flocked like seagulls to the shores of the lakes and ponds on their blankets and towels (all those little white dots of bodies were so crammed together!) . I can't help but laugh at this image.

So much for my little break. Back to stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment