Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Sewing We Will Go ....

My days and dreams are filled with cotton weaves, acetate Sulky threads, and the clicks and tricks of the embroidery computer program. I have to say, I don't mind it too much. In fact, I would love to have a Husqvarna Viking Diamond digital embroidery machine (or any of the less flashy models, I am not picky). I am now acquaintances with all of the staff in the media lab, as well as many frequent users. Hopefully one of SVA's artists in residence and I will soon be working together on a collaborative project.My quilt is almost done! I finally have all of the individual elements sewn (with love in every stitch of course!). I will hopefully finish piecing it together tomorrow and start the backing. There is just so much to do in this next week before open studios.
I little side project that I have been working on with the scraps, trials, and dare I say a few errors, that I had during my element block making is these little pillows. Hopefully I can get these babies online and sold asap!I am also making an embroidered book of "Madison Square Park Flora" filled with perenials, trees, and all the little grassy things you can think of! Here is the first part of the cover the I have embroidered and did a little watercolor background.
During my travels to fabric stores, my hubby and I discovered one of these infamous NYC Subway posters. These posters actually made quite the controversy when they were first discovered. There's one for the scrapbook!
Just in case you can't read the small print:

How does this affect my trip?
- You're not going anywhere
Why is service being changed?
- We are making service cuts because we want to screw you and make you think there's nothing you can do about it.


Priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment